Zinc Ethyl Silicate paints are inorganic coatings that have good heat & corrosion resistance. The zinc dust in these coatings will protect the metal substrates by cathodic protection (sacrificial anode). Zinc Ethyl silicate paints adhere to the surface strongly and make a barrier layer that no corrosive substances will penetrate anymore.
The International Paint Specification No.20 (SSPC Paint 20) has explained the properties of zinc-rich coatings. Here are some characteristics of zinc ethyl silicate coatings:
- Good chemical resistance
- Good anti-corrosion resistance in industrial and marine exposure
- Excellent weathering resistance
- Good abrasion resistance
- Heat resistance up to 400°C (depending on the coating system and condition of application)
IriSil a two-component moisture curing inorganic zinc ethyl silicate coating. It provides excellent corrosion protection. It is specially designed as a primer for coating systems where extended durability is required.
Examples of typical use:
- Structural steel & piping
- Offshore environments
- Refineries & Power plants
- Bridges, Buildings & Mining equipment
These paints are suitable for long term protection and heavy-duty rust preventing primer. For more information contact us.